Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers! I have the privilege of spending this Mother's Day with my mom. Because of distance we don't always get this special treat. We have done lots of fun things already this weekend and have a few more things we want to do today. I'm going to show her some of my new Stampin' Up goodies and maybe we'll even get to make a few cards together this afternoon.

This is the special card I made for my special mom. I love this card and she loved it when she opened it. She also loves the shimmery effect that I gave it using our Champagne Shimmer paint.

Supplies:

Tangerine Tango cardstock cut to 9 1/4 x 8 and folded to 9 1/4 x 4 for the card base.
Very Vanilla is cardstock cut to 9 x 3 3/4 and layered onto the card base.

Before attaching the Very Vanilla cardstock use the new Fabulous Florets stamp set from our new Summer Mini and stamp the leafy branch in Old Olive several times, some with full ink and some that have been stamped off first to make them lighter. I then stamped the open floral images onto Whisper White with Black Staz-On ink and sponged them with Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango. Cut out the images and curl up the flower petals with your bone folder. You can add Dazzling Diamonds glitter to all of them or just some of them. You can touch a Basic Rhinestone to the petals if you want to make it look like there is dew on one of the petals. Make the flowers your own. I popped up two of the flowers with Dimensionals and used our glue dots to adhere the others to the card. Using Old Olive ink, stamp the small leaf several times onto Old Olive cardstock and cut out. Use as many or as few as you like. I used odd numbers of flowers and leaves to give my card balance and to be eye catching. Instead of using black ink for my sentiment on the front and the inside I went with Night of Navy for a less intense look. I think it looks softer and isn't so harsh.

Now for the shimmery look I gave this card. This technique is so easy and gives your cards or individual stamped images just the right amount of soft sparkle that is less intense than using glitter. Get a small spray bottle, like those used for traveling, or you can find them at your local craft stores. Fill the bottle a quarter of the way up with water and the other 3/4's fill with rubbing alcohol leaving a small space at the top to shake it together. Shake up a bottle of our Champagne Shimmer paint and then add a few drops to your spray bottle. Shake it up and you now have instant shimmer spray for all of your paper craft ideas. You may have to experiment with how many drops to add. Just don't use too many. You should be able to make a lot of shimmer spray with your small bottle of Shimmer Paint. Leave me a comment if you love my card too!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! The same flowers you put on my SU gift ceritificate. They are absolutely beautiful. So you can just keep your spray bottle for future use?? I love all of the details on both of these cards! I can't wait to see more of your goodies.

    ReplyDelete